Rogers Cup has got your music needs covered with live music performances throughout the week!
Monday, August 6 – Leah Daniels
- Hailing from Uxbridge Ontario, Leah has a knack for making fans coast to coast! The 2016 CMAO Female Artist of the Year Winner has had the privilege of playing the countries top Country Music Festivals including CMT Fest, Boots & Hearts and Big Valley Jamboree just to name a few. Recently, Leah has found herself travelling back and forth from Nashville to LA in preparation to launch her next album.
- “One Night” – Released in 2012 with 257,000 views on Youtube.
- “Suspicious Minds” – Released in 2011 with 204,000 views on Youtube.
Wednesday, August 8 – Kayla Diamond
- Kayla Diamond was supposed to be a lawyer but fate had a different plan.
- The seeds of change were planted in a dream she had the summer before starting law school. Awaking with a melody in her head, lyrics poured out in a stream of divine inspiration before she knew it, she had written her first song “Crazy”.
- Kayla’s vocals soar with a bluesy, yet modern feel, something that has really impressed the EDM community!
Thursday, August 9th – Alx Veliz
- Coming from a musical family (on his mother’s side, nearly everyone sings, plays, and writes), it was nearly predetermined that Alx Veliz would too find his artistic heart.
- Alx Veliz brings an electrifying, synth-driven pop with Latin rhythm which calls to one’s heart. His music are products of the multicultural fabric of Toronto, a blend of histories, renewals, and currents.
Friday, August 10 – Karl Wolf
- Karl was born in Beirut, Lebanon. His mother taught the piano and his father played the guitar, drums and a traditional Arabic instrument called the Oud. Music was a huge influence on Karl’s life and he knew from a young age that we would like to have a career in the music industry.
- Karl was Juno nominated for Soul/R&B recording of the year – 2011 and 2012
Saturday, August 11th – JRDN
- Ralph Jordon Croucher (“JRDN”) was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia and moved to Toronto, Ontario. After playing basketball at St. Francis Xavier University and playing professionally in France for one year, JRDN gained music experience by competing on Canadian Idol.
- In 2010, he shortened his name to “JRDN.” JRDN signed to Kuya Productions in 2009. IAMJRDNis the official debut album by JRDN and was released on November 9, 2010.
- The Canadian R&B Singer continues to create projects and new music leading up to 2018.
Sunday, August 12th – The Reklaws
- Born and raised in Cambridge, Ontario, Jenna and Stuart Walker spent their childhood days on their family’s “Adventure Farm” where they would perform for hundreds of tourists that would come to see the corn mazes, pumpkin patches and pig races. The Reklaws have hosted the main stage and opened for acts like Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw, Thomas Rhett and more.
- First Top #20 Single was “Hometown Kids.” Released in August of 2017 with 363,000 views on Youtube.