Heading to Montreal this summer to take in Rogers Cup next month? You can look forward to some great sporting action and to so many opportunities for fun whether you’re there with family or friends. I’ve put together a list of 10 must-see, must-do, attractions for visitors (and even residents enjoying stay-cations) alike. Montreal happens to be my birthplace, and the city holds a special place in my heart.
Be sure to consider visiting any (or all!) of these attractions:
- Cheer on Canada’s top men in tennis at Rogers Cup, August 8-16 at the STADE IGA in Montreal.
- Explore this beautiful city on a Bixi Bike!
- Visit Old Montreal – it’s always bustling with life!
- Visit the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
- Chill out in Parc du Mont-Royal (a picnic, nap, stroll….).
- Take in Notre Dame Basilica. The Notre-Dame Basilica towers over the cobblestone streets of Montreal and is open to visitors Monday through Saturday.
- Visit Montreal’s Botanical Gardens. The Gardens are recognized as one of the world’s greatest botanical gardens and offer events, exhibitions and activities throughout the year.
- St. Joseph’s Oratory of Montreal. Take a guided tour, stroll the grounds… this landmark is worth a visit.
- Take the kids to the Montreal Biodome… an incredible experience, or enjoy some rides at LaRonde Amusement Park.
- Visit Jean Talon Market in the heart of the Montreal’s “Little Italy.”